Equality Policy Statement
The business is committed to preventing discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in all that it does and recognises the contribution of all employees to this end.
Our aims are to be supportive, fair, just and free from discrimination.
In line with these objectives, we will:
- Challenge discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation;
- Actively promote equality and diversity;
- Ensure that the legislation and policy requirements within the protected equality and diversity characteristics are implemented into all our working practices; and carry out an equality impact assessment on any policy, guidance or working practice which may have a detrimental impact on equality.
In regard to discrimination and victimisation we:
- Respect and uphold the dignity of all our employees and value the contribution they make;
- Are committed to providing a working environment that is free from bullying and harassment and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect;
- Create an environment in which all people have equal, dignified and ease of access to our services;
- Want to eliminate discrimination and promote equality of opportunity throughout the business;
- Are committed to becoming fully accessible and inclusive; and work to increase and improve the usability and accessibility of our services and in so doing meet our legal, moral and ethical obligations.
In respect of our procurement activities we endeavour to:
- • ensure that the purchase of goods, services and facilities is undertaken in line with our equality and diversity commitments;
- • use suppliers who share our values on equality of opportunity and diversity; and
- • establish procedures to ensure that businesses from diverse communities have an equal opportunity of competing for collaborative procurement contracts to supply goods and services to us.
In regard to employment:
- we will not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation in the allocation of employees employed in any post;
- all employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all;
- we will develop employees in order that they understand the context of and the specific issues influencing equality and diversity;
- all our employees are required to comply with our equality aims and to treat colleagues and everyone with whom they interact with dignity and respect; and
- we support and adhere to family-friendly and flexible working policies wherever appropriate.
Marshall Douglas Ltd:
207 Regent Street
VAT No. 994 6178 61
(Registered in United Kingdom Company No. SC376242, Company registered address: 9 Glasgow Road, Paisley PA1 3QS)